A favorite soup in Tuscany and America. This cream-based soup uses bacon, Chicken stock and our Purnell's Turkey Sausage. It's Gooo-od!
Cook the bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Lay on a paper towel to drain off excess grease, then crumble and set aside.
Place the turkey sausage in the Dutch oven along with the diced onion. Saute until the onion is soft and the sausage is cooked.
Add the garlic, stirring frequently for 45 seconds. Then add the chicken stock, milk, and potatoes while stirring.
Add kale or Swiss chard along with the crushed red pepper, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Cook on medium low for 15 minutes or until hot.
Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with crumbled bacon.
- 1 (4 ounce) package Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 7 turkey sausage patties, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 5 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups green kale or Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper, or to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste