Summer Jambalaya with Sausage
This jambalaya recipe uses both our Purnell's Turkey Sausage and our Purnell's Spicy Medium Country Sausage. Try it for your family tonight. "It's Gooo-od!"
In a large cast-iron casserole, heat the olive oil until shimmering.
Add both kinds of sausage and cook until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
Increase the heat to high and add onion, jalapeno, celery and corn. Stir frequently and cook until vegetables are softened. Add the paprika and oregano, along with the summer mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are just softened. This should only take 2-3 minutes.
Add the rice to the mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for approximately 2 minutes.
Add the sausage and slowly stir in the vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Then cover and cook over lower heat until the stock is absorbed and rice is tender. This should take approximately 30 mins.
Spoon the jambalaya onto a platter and serve!
- 1 lb (1 package) Purnell’s Turkey Sausage
- 1 lb (1 package) Purnell’s Spicy Medium Country Sausage
- 1 vidalia onion (or other sweet onion), finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound summer mushrooms (chanterelles or oyster mushrooms), stemmed and sliced
- 3 cups medium-grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock