Use our Original Country Sausage (Medium) to make this stuffing and bake it in yellow squashes. It's Gooo-od!
Boil whole squash until tender. Slice off 1/3 each one lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leafing a 1/4″ shell. Chop pulp and drain. Cook onion and sausage together, drain. Mix with flour, milk, 2 C of crumbs, pulp and seasonings. Fill shells and arrange in greased casserole. Top with remaining crumbs mixed with parmesan, dot with butter. Bake at 375ºF for 20 minutes or until browned. Serves 6.
- 1 lb Purnell’s Original Country Sausage (Medium)
- 6 medium yellow quash or zucchini
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp of thyme and parsley
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste