Stuffed Hot Peppers
This recipe stuffs Hungarian hot peppers with our Purnell's Italian Sausage, cream cheese, cheese, Italian bread crumbs and spices. It's Gooo-od!
Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix together the sausage, cream cheese, garlic salt, Romano cheese, oregano, basil, bread crumbs and olive oil.
Stuff the peppers with the sausage mixture. Place on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until the stuffing is lightly brown and bubbly.
- 1/3 cup ground Purnell’s Italian Sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Hungarian hot peppers, cored and seeded