Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Large button mushrooms stuffed with our Purnell’s “Old Folks” Italian Sausage, onion, rosemary, breadcrumbs parmesan cheese, Heinz® Tomato Ketchup and parsley. It's Gooo-od!
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop enough stems to make 1/2 cup. Reserve.
Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook ground sausage until browned; drain off fat. To sausage, add chopped mushrooms, onion and rosemary. Cook, stirring constantly 3–5 minutes. Turn off heat. Then stir in the breadcrumbs and cheese. Blend well the ketchup and parsley.
Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps and arrange in a baking dish. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are golden.
Originally posted at heinzketchup.com
- 20 large button mushrooms
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Purnell’s “Old Folks” Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley