Southern Breakfast Bake
Eggs, our Purnell's Original Country Sausage (Medium) patties, bread, scallion, tomato, cheese and half-and-half baked in a casserole.
Tear bread into small pieces and sprinkle in bottom of a lightly buttered 2-quart casserole.
Arrange sausage patties over the bread; sprinkle with green onion, tomato, then the cheese.
Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and remaining seasonings. Pour slowly over cheese layer.
Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes, until set in middle.
This delicious bake can easily be made the night before to enjoy on a hectic morning!
- 6 large eggs
- 8 Purnell’s Original Country Sausage (Medium) patties, cooked
- 4 slices bread, crusts cut off
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion (green onion)
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste