Smokey Black Bean Soup with Sausage
Purnell's Smokehouse Sausage, onions, garlic, red pepper, chicken broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and black beans go in this soup recipe.
Crumble and cook sausage in skillet until thoroughly heated. Drain and move to the soup pot. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft. Add chopped red pepper and cook until softened. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 3 minutes. Add black beans and bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Divide in bowls and garnish with lime juice, cilantro, and sour cream.
- 1 16oz roll of Purnell’s Smokehouse Sausage
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 15 1/2-ounce cans black beans, drained but not rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- *Cilantro and sour cream for garnish