Penne pasta, our Purnell's Italian Sausage, onion, green pepper, diced tomato with garlic, tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and spices. Try it!
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through.
Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 6 servings.
Adpated from our FB friend Real Mom Kitchen
See the original recipe here
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound Purnell’s Italian Sausage
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomato with garlic (I used the fire roasted ones)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese