Sausage and Fish One-Pot
Cod, baby red potatoes, and our Purnell's Italian Sausage all go into this recipe. It's not our easiest recipe, but it's Gooo-od!
Heat 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Heads up: use a skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the sausage and crumble while browning, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, onions and potatoes to the pan with the sausage and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Douse the pan with half of the vermouth or wine, cover the pan with a lid and cook 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove the lid, add the tomatoes and gently stir into the potatoes. Set fillets on top of the potatoes and douse with the remaining vermouth or wine. Season the fish with salt and pepper, to taste. Set lid in place and cook until the fish is opaque, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Top the fish with parsley, the juice of 1/2 a lemon and garnish with a liberal drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. To serve, transfer the fish and sausage mixture from the pan into shallow bowls to hold the juice. Use the crusty bread to soak in the juices at the table.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 pound Purnell’s Italian hot sausage
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red or Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 haddock or cod fillets
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Crusty bread, to pass at table