Christmas Breakfast Casserole
Merry Christmas from our family to yours! Try our Christmas Breakfast Casserole before your family opens presents. It's Gooo-od!
Cook sausage and onion in large skillet until browned. Drain, crumble and set aside. Spread croutons on bottom of lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover croutons with cheese. Sprinkle cooked sausage and onion over cheeses. In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage. Top with chopped bell peppers. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours/overnight.
Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
- 2 lbs Purnell’s “Old Folks” Sausage (1 lb Hot and 1 lb Medium)
- 1 (5oz) pkg herb seasoned croutons
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, colby, monterey, pepper jack cheeses, etc. (your choice)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red and 1 green bell peppers, chopped