Sausage and Cabbage Stew
Our Purnell's Italian Sausage, cabbage, onion, garlic, Cannellini beans, vegetable stock and diced tomatoes make this stew Gooo-od for a family meal.
Heat a large dutch oven and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown. Once cooked thoroughly, remove sausage from pan and set aside.
Add onions to pot and stir frequently. Toss in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Pour in white wine and the beans. Bring to a boil then add your water, vegetable stock and bay leaves.
Stir in cabbage and sausage. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Cover and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes. Uncover and continue to simmer until cabage is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- 1 pound Purnell’s Italian Sausage
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 2-pound cabbage, quartered, then sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 2-pound cabbage, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 15-ounce can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 quart water
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups white wine