Lazy Day Casserole
This casserole calls for potatoes, carrots, onions, fennel bulbs and our Purnell's Sausage Links (any flavor you prefer). We don't know where it got its name, but it's Gooo-od!
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl combine the oil with the Italian herbs, garlic, and chicken broth. Place the vegetables in the bowl with the mixture and toss them until evenly coated.
Pour the vegetables and mixture in a big roasting tray. Season with a generous amount of salt and cracked black pepper. Cover the tray with aluminum foil and pop it in the oven to bake for 45 minutes.
While the veggies are in the oven, slice each sausage in half. After 45 minutes the potatoes and vegetables should be fork tender (if they’re not, cover the tray back up and pop back in the oven for a few more minutes). Place the sausages in with the veggies and pour the balsamic vinegar all over.
Place the tray back in the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Flip the sausages over and ladle some of the juices from the bottom over the vegetables and sausages. Return the tray to the oven for 10-15 more minutes or until nice and brown.
- 4 Purnell’s Sausage Links (any flavor you prefer)
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into four pieces
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar