To make good Jambalaya, you need the best sausage! Your family will love this recipe. It's Good!
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add Chorizo, onion and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add rice; sauté 2 minutes. Add salt, thyme, black pepper and red pepper; sauté 1 minute. Add water, broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in shrimp and hot sauce; cover and cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from heat; stir in parsley. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups).
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound Purnell’s “Old Folks” Chorizo
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10-1/2 ounces) can chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2 ounces) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley