Italian Sausage Soup
Our Purnell's Italian Sausage, chicken broth, Italian style diced tomatoes, zucchini, carrot, pasta spinach, parmesan and fresh basil make this soup a solid choice for your family this winter.
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove casings from sausage and add to pan. Cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain; return to pan.
Add broth, tomatoes, and pasta to pan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is done. Remove from heat and stir in spinach until wilted. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- 1 roll Purnell’s Italian Sausage
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup uncooked pasta shells
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil