Italian Sausage and Fresh Vegetable Pasta
This is a recipe for sautéed vegetables and our Purnell's Italian Sausage in chicken bouillon reduction over pasta. Your family and dinner guests will say, "It's Gooo-od!"
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in pot and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente; drain.
Cook Sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook until brown and crispy on the outside. Remove the sausage and set aside.
Using the same pan, heat ¼ cup olive oil and stir in the Squash, Zucchini, Red Bell Pepper, Onion and Garlic and cook until tender.
Add tomatoes and remaining oil then cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are cooked down.
Mix in the Pasta, Sausage and Basil and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Optional: Stir in ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese and/or ½ tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- ½ pound Hot or Sweet Italian Sausage (Links work best but ground is acceptable)
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp (or 2 cubes) of Chicken Bouillon
- 2-4 Garlic Cloves, minced or diced
- 1 yellow Squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium Red Onion, vertically sliced
- 1 red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 6 roma Tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ½ tsp of Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 6-8 ounces Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Extra Wide Noodles*
*Any pasta you’d prefer will work as a substitute.