Grilled Pimento, White Cheddar & Chipotle Sandwich with Turkey Sausage & Avocado
Just about everything you need to make this sandwich is in its name. You should try it. With our Purnell's Turkey Susage, It's Gooo-od!
Preheat oven to 400. Combine first five ingredients in a bowl. Add spices, salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside. Butter a frying pan and “grill” bread on both sides. Spread cheese mixture over bread and bake, open-face, about ten minutes.
Assemble sandwich with avocado and sausage.
Adapted from our Fb friends over at Just A Pinch Recipe Club
See the original here
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons chipotle sauce (the sauce from a can of chipotle chiles)
- 3-4 tablespoons pimentos
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and sliced lengthwise
- 8 patties of Purnell’s Turkey Sausage
- 8 slices bread