Grilled Italian Sausage with Marinated Tomatoes
Grilled Italian Sausage with Marinated Tomatoes is the perfect summer recipe for your picnic table. It's Gooo-od!
Preheat your outdoor grill for medium heat.
Whisk together the red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and olive oil in a small bowl.
Arrange the tomato and onion slices on a serving platter, then pour the dressing overtop. Marinate at room temperature while the sausages cook.
Place the sausages onto the grill** and cook until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes total. Turn them frequently so that they cook evenly and have lightly browned.
Serve on French rolls with marinated tomatoes and onions.
**If you prefer to release more juices while they cook, pierce the sausages with the tip of a sharp knife a few times before placing them on the grill.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 1/3 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 (4 ounce) Italian sausage links
- French rolls, halved lengthwise