Aluba beans, our Purnell's "Chorizo Sausage, our Purnell's Italian Sausage, bacon, pepper, onion, garlic, saffron, paprika and chicken broth are all used in this bean dish recipe. It's Gooo-od!
Prep: Place beans in a bowl of cold water and soak overnight.
In a large cast iron pot over medium heat, saute the onion, pepper, and garlic in a little bit of olive oil until tender. Then add the ham and sausage, continuing to cook for 3 more minutes.
In a separate bowl, mash 1 cup of the white beans and add to the skillet. Next, add the remaining whole beans, bacon, chicken broth, saffron and paprika to the onion-sausage mixture.
Simmer for 40 minutes. Salt to taste, serve and enjoy!
- 8 oz Purnell’s “Old Folks” Chorizo Sausage
- 6 oz Purnell’s “Old Folks” Italian Sausage
- 3 slices of bacon, pre-cooked and then chopped
- 5 1/2 cups, white long beans/aluba beans
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 9 cloves garlic (5 minced, 4 whole)
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- A pinch of saffron
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste