Easy Sausage “Flowers”
Try this easy appetizer with our Purnell's Original Country Sausage (Medium), cheese and salsa in wontons topped with sour cream and chives.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a mini-muffin pan.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, crumble and brown thoroughly. Remove from heat and drain. Mix in shredded cheeses. Allow cheese to melt and then stir in salsa.
Press wonton wrappers into mini-muffin pan. Edges should extend up over rims. Add heaping Tablespoon of sausage mix to center of the wonton.
Bake for 10 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Remove from heat and top each wonton with sour cream and green onions.
- 1lb Original Country Sausage (Medium)
- 24 wonton wrappers, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup salsa (we prefer Hot!)
- Sour cream + chopped green onions to garnish