Creamy Sausage and Tomato Pasta
Our Purnell's Italian Sausage over bow tie pasta with white onion, garlic, cream and diced tomatoes. Your family will say, "It's Gooo-od!"
Begin by cooking the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until light golden brown. Then add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until onion is tender.
Follow by stirring in basil, oregano, tomatoes and cream. Salt as necessary. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until mixture thickens. This should take about 10 minutes.
Finish by stirring pasta into the sauce. Top with fresh basil and parmesan and serve!
- 1 roll Purnell’s Italian Sausage
- 16 oz bow tie pasta
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 28 oz (2 cans) diced tomatoes (with basil, garlic and oregano- optional)
- Salt to taste
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, topping it off