County Fair Corn Dogs
Corn Dogs are better with our Purnell's Old Fashioned Franks skewered in this homemade batter recipe. It's Gooo-od!
Insert skewers into franks and dust with flour; set aside.
To Make Batter: In a large bowl combine the cornmeal, 1/3 cup flour, corn flour, salt, cayenne pepper, egg, 2 tablespoons oil and water. Whisk all together.
Heat 1 quart oil in a large skillet over high heat (to about 375 degrees F, 190 degrees C). Roll or dip franks in batter, then fry until lightly browned. Drain on paper toweling and serve.
- 10 Purnell’s Old Fashioned Franks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for dusting
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying