Country Breakfast Casserole
Made with Purnell’s “Old Folks” Original Country Sausage (Medium) Patties, eggs, cheese, bread, and country gravy mix, this easy to make casserole will make your whole family jump out of bed. It's that Gooo-od!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and grease an 11×8 inch baking dish.
Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, draining the excess fat. Combine sausage with the chopped green onion and spread evenly across the bottom of the greased baking dish, then top with shredded cheese.
Whisk together the eggs, water, milk, and gravy mix; add mixture to the baking dish. Arrange bread squares evenly on top. Drizzle melted butter over bread, and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside 10 minutes to cool down a little before serving.
- 16 ounce of Purnell’s “Old Folks” Original Country Sausage (Medium)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (2.64 ounce) package country gravy mix
- 6 slices bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- paprika to taste (optional)