Cavatappi with Italian Sausage, Tomatoes and Garlic
Our Purnell's Italian Sausage, butter, garlic, cherry tomatoes, thyme, crushed pepper, chopped parsley and basil tolled in cavatappi pasta. It's Gooo-od!
In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown Italian sausage. Add tomatoes and garlic in olive oil and butter with red crushed pepper flakes and thyme and saute in pan. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Boil your cavatappi in well salted water until al-dente. Follow the directions (time) given on the pasta box.
When ready to serve, remove the thyme sprigs, add the cavatappi to sauce and a little pasta water if necessary.
Grate fresh parmesan cheese over top and stir in fresh herbs.
Adapted from our Facebook friend Cooking with Elise
See the original recipe here
- 1 lb. Purnell’s Italian Sausage
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs thyme, stems on
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red crushed pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh chiffonade of basil
- 1 pound dried cavatappi pasta
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt for pasta water
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated