Breakfast Hash Brown Casserole
Try this Kentucky favorite as a casserole with our Purnell's Original Country Sausage (Medium). It's Gooo-od!
Heat oven to 450º. Spray 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine potatoes and 1 egg, mix well. Spread mixture into 9×13 pan and pat down firmly to create a crust. Bake for 10 minutes until edges start to crisp.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Scramble eggs in a non-stick fry pan on medium high heat until set. Mix in sausage and chopped veggies. Spread egg/veggie mixture over potato crust. Top with shredded cheese. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to crisp.
- 1 (24-ounce) package shredded hash browns, fresh or thawed
- 1 egg, beaten (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- 7 eggs, beaten (or 1 3/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb. cooked Purnell’s “Old Folks” Mild Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
- Green onions (optional)
- Diced mushrooms (optional)