This recipe is so simple, it's just called Breakfast Casserole. Your family will love it. It calls for our Purnell's Original Country Sausage (Medium),but it's Gooo-od with any Purnell's sausage.
Let bread set out on counter for a few hours
to dry out.
Brown sausage, drain and crumble.
Put cubed bread in a greased 9 ½ X 11 casserole.
Cover bread with crumbled sausage and then cover with cheese.
Beat the eggs and combine with milk,
salt & pepper. Mix and pour over ingredients
Let the casserole sit covered in refrigerator over night and bake the next morning at
375° for 45 – 55 minutes, or until set.
- 1 1/2 pounds Purnell’s “Old Folk’s” Original Country Sausage (Medium)
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 ounces mushroom pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced