This recipe is so simple, it's just called Breakfast Casserole. Your family will love it. It calls for our Purnell's Original Country Sausage (Medium),but it's Gooo-od with any Purnell's sausage.
Let bread set out on counter for a few hours to dryout. Brown Sausage, drain and crumble. Put bread slices in the greased 9 ½ X 11 casserole. Cover bread with crumbled sausage and then cover with cheese. Beat the eggs and combine with milk, salt & pepper. Mix and pour over ingredients in casserole. If you like add any of the optional ingredients at this time. Let the casserole sit covered in refrigerator over night and bake the next morning at 325 for 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds Purnell’s “Old Folk’s” Original Country Sausage (Medium)
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 ounces mushroom pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced