Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream
Bow Tie Pasta with Purnell's Italian Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream is a family favorite recipe. It's Gooo-od!
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is evenly brown. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt then simmer until mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Purnell’s Italian Sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley