Purnell's "Old Folks" Old Fashioned Franks, onion, ketchup, celery, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and mustard. It's Gooo-od!
In a heavy skillet, cook onion in hot oil over medium low heat. Stir in ketchup, celery, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, water, and salt. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Lightly score hot dogs diagonally at 1-inch intervals. Add hot dogs to sauce; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes longer. Toast split buns. Serve hot dogs over toasted buns.
Feeds 4 to 6.
- 1 lb. package of Purnell’s “Old Folks” Old Fashioned Franks
- 1 small onion, chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt