Bacon and Sausage Cheese Dip
Cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheddar, onion, Purnell’s Sausage and bacon. Good with chips or veggies.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease. Cook sausage until done, drain and set aside, again reserving about 1 tablespoon of grease in the pan.
Sauté the diced onion in the reserved bacon grease until translucent – season with salt & pepper.
Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 16oz of cheddar cheese, & the sauteed onion in a large bowl until smooth. Chop the bacon, & fold it and sausage in to cream cheese mixture.
Spread the mixture out into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, & paprika to taste.
Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with crackers, chips, or bread and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from one posted on the blog by our Facebook friends at Mrs. Happy Homemaker. See the original Bacon and Cheese dip recipe here.
- 2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 16oz shredded cheddar cheese, plus a little extra for sprinkling on top (1/2 cup to 1 cup depending on how cheesy you want it – I go for the cup!)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- 1lb Purnell’s “Old Folks” Smokehouse Sausage (Chorizo or Italian Sausage would work too- your preference), crumbled, cooked and drained.
- ½ pkg. your favorite bacon, also cooked, drained and crumbled.