Rigatoni with Broccoli & Sausage
Rigatoni, our Purnell's Italian Sausage, broccoli, garlic cloves, lemon zest, lemon juice, anchovy and parmesan cheese. It's Gooo-od!
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, adding broccoli the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, anchovies, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Cook sausage in a pan over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through. Add broccoli and pasta plus oil mixture. Toss well, adding enough pasta cooking liquid to make a thin sauce.
Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.
Adpated from our FB friend Weeknight Gourmet
See the original recipe here
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 lb Purnell’s Italian Sausage
- Grated parmesan