Fall Veggie & Sausage Pizza
Pizza dough, our Purnell's Italian or Chorizo Sausage roasted fall vegetables, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, rosemary and garlic make this Fall pizza Gooo-od!
Heat a skillet to a medium-high temperature and cook the sausage until light golden brown. Remove and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Then brush a large baking sheet with a small amount of olive oil.
Lightly flour your workspace. Then roll the dough into a 12×16 in. oval and place on baking sheet.
Rub a small amount of olive oil (1 tbs) onto the surface of the dough where you will be placing toppings. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella, lightly covering the majority of the surface, allowing space for the crust. Then pepper with vegetables, sausage and ricotta. Top with remaining mozzarella and rosemary.
Drizzle with one last touch of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and crust is light golden and cooked through.
- 1 lb pizza dough (store-bought or home-made)
- 4-6 oz Purnell’s “Old Folks” Italian or Chorizo Sausage
- 5 cups roasted fall vegetables (squash, carrots, shallots, parsnips, radishes, whathaveyou)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tbs fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- A pinch of flour