Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
Cornbread, crumbled biscuits, onions, celery, apples, parsley, dried sage, and our Purnell's Spicy Medium Country Sausage all go into this recipe. It's Gooo-od!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray shallow baking dish/pan with cooking spray.
Then coarsely crumble cooked cornbread into large bowl, adding the crumbled biscuits as well.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, celery and onions until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat and set aside. Then add the sausage mixture and all remaining ingredients (apples, parsley, sage, thyme, chicken broth, salt and pepper) to the large bowl with cornbread and biscuits. Mix well, stirring gently. Then pour into the baking dish/pan.
Bake for roughly 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve and Enjoy!
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 oz cornbread Mix, best prepared the day before
- 2 cups crumbled biscuit, best if they’re day old
- 1/2 roll Purnell’s “Old Folks” Spicy-Medium Country Sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped unpeeled apples
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Salt to taste